Admission Examination Schedule
June 2 (Fri) to June 13 (Tue), 2017 [Accepted at the office]
Date of Examination
July 16 (Sun), 2017
Date of the Result Announcements
July 27 (Thu), 2017
Period of Enrollment Procedures
November 8 (Wed) to November 16 (Thu), 2017 [As indicated by the postmark on the envelope]
Those who fall under one of the following items based on the provision of Article 102 of the School Education Act:
- Those who have graduated or are expected to graduate by March, 2018 from a university.
- Those who are deemed to have abilities that are at least equivalent to a person who has graduated from a university based on the provision of Article 155 of the Ordinance for Enforcement of the School Education Act and fall under one of the following items:
- Those who have received or are expected to receive a bachelor's degree by March, 2018 based on the provision of Article 104, Paragraph (4) of the School Education Act.
- Those who have completed, or are expected to complete by March, 2018, 16 years of school education abroad.
- Those who have completed, or are expected to complete by March, 2018, 16 years of school education by taking correspondence courses in Japan provided by a school in a foreign country.
- Those who have completed, or are expected to complete by March, 2018, a program in an educational institution in Japan designated separately by the Minister of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology that provides courses from a foreign university within the school education system of a foreign country. This applies solely to those who have completed 16 years of school education in said foreign country.
- Those who have received a degree equivalent to a bachelor’s degree or who are expected to receive a degree by March 2018 from a foreign university or other foreign institution (limited to institutions whose educational and research activities have been certified by a foreign government or relevant institution, or institutions that have been separately designated by the Minister of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology) by completing a program of study lasting over three years (including correspondence courses administered by the foreign university but completed in Japan, and courses completed at educational facilities designated by a foreign country’s educational system that meet the abovementioned criteria).
- Those who have completed a specialized course in a specialized training college which lasts 4 years or more and meet the standards designated by the Minister of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology after the date designated by the Minister of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology, or those who are expected to complete such a course by March, 2018.
- Those who have been designated by the Minister of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (under the 1953 Notification of the Ministry of Education, Science, Sports and Culture No. 5).
- Those who were admitted into a graduate program on the basis of Article 102, Paragraph (2) of the School Education Act and who are recognized by our graduate school after the dateas having the academic ability to receive education at our graduate school.
- Those who will be 22 years old or older (born on or before April 1, 1996) and are recognized, as a result of individual eligibility screening by our graduate school, as having abilities that are at least equivalent to those who have graduated from a university.
Subjects of Examination
Select either "English", "German" or French" (dictionaries allowed).
- Foreign students can select "Japanese (dictionaries not allowed)" as a foreign language. However, only those who do not fall under any of the following conditions are allowed in principle to take a Japanese examination.
- Condition 1.
- Those who enrolled in any of a Japanese junior high school, high school and university (including graduate school) and graduated or are expected to graduate from it
- Condition 2.
- Those who stayed (resided) in Japan for five years or more in the last ten years