ResearchResearch Visits

Short-Term Stay Visa

If you need a short stay visa, it will take 2 months prior to its arrival date.

Application Materials for Visiting Researchers
  1. Application form
    *Please get the form at the Japanese Embassy.
  2. 1 photo
  3. Passport
  4. Certificate of financial support to prove sufficient living expences in Japan
  5. Certificate of employment issued by your home institution
  6. Copy of your personal round-trip plane ticket
Materials for Host Professors
  1. Invitation Letter (Sample)29KB
  2. Certificate of host professor (Sample)40KB
  3. Schedule of stay (Sample)31KB
  4. University brochure
  • Host Professors: Please send the materials listed above (1-4) to visiting researchers.
  • If the documents cannot be prepared in time, please submit "Document of Reason"15KB

For more details, please visit Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan

Changing a Short Stay Visa to a Research Visa

International researchers have to begin the procedures for changing their visa three months prior to its expiration date.
Tokai University will apply for your research visa to the Japanese Embassy upon request.